Accomack County, Virginia
- Main article: Evaluation of Virginia county websites
- Budgets and comprehensive annual financial reports are available for the current and several previous years.
- The web site provides the names and contact information for elected and administrative county officials.
- Board of Supervisors meeting dates, agendas and minutes are posted. Live streaming and audio recording of the meetings is also available.
- There is no direct link to budget information from the homepage.
- The web site's search function is only accessible from the homepage.
- Election dates and terms of office for county officials are not posted online.
- Current requests for bids from outside vendors are posted, as well as instructions for bidders, but there is almost no information about awarded contracts.
- There appears to be no information about the county's association with lobbyists. However, the Virginia Association of Counties lists the county as a member.
- There appears to be no information about FOIA or FOIA compliance.
- Information about county taxes is not readily accessible.
The County Board of Supervisors announced in May of 2012 that it would begin posting all FOIA requests made to the county online.
State of Virginia
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |