Eric O’Keefe is the chairman and CEO of the Sam Adams Alliance and the Sam Adams Foundation. The Sam Adams Alliance is the sponsor of the Sunshine Review. O'Keefe is most well known for his support of term limits. In recent years, he has claimed that politicians became less accountable and less responsible starting when state governments took over the printing and distribution of ballots from private political parties.
O'Keefe also serves on the Board of Directors of the Club for Growth and The Institute for Humane Studies.
O'Keefe wrote a book, Who Rules America: The People versus the Political Class, which focuses on the country’s founding principles to make the case for term limits, and won praise from Milton Friedman. With Aaron Steelman, he co-authored "The End of Representation: How Congress Stifles Electoral Competition".
- Eric O'Keefe personal website
- Sam Adams Alliance Profile
- "Who Rules America: The People versus the Political Class" book listing on Amazon
- Independent Groups' Ads Increasingly Steer Campaigns, CNN, May 2, 1998
- History of the Political Parties, YouTube