Frankfort is the capital city in U.S. state of Kentucky. It is one of 62 cities in the state, and it has a population of about 27,741. It was established in 1786, and it covers about 15 square miles.
- The Mayor and city commissioners’ biographies are posted online, but there is no contact information.
- Agendas and minutes are available for meetings.
- Building permits and zoning information  are available.
- Property tax information is online.
- A budget is posted.
- The site does not have a search function.
Mayor Gippy Graham
Mayor H. Gippy Graham began his tenure on January 1, 2009. His other administrative work includes being a state representative, an associate superintendent for the Office of Adult and Community Education in the Kentucky Department of Education, and an administrative assistant to the commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Highways. He has also been a teacher, and he is a veteran of the United States Air Force.
The four city commissioners are: Sellus Wilder, Katie Flynn Hedden, Michael F. Turner, and William May.
Total expenditures in 2010-11 were $30,133,000. Major expenses are: $12,539,404 for public safety; $5,448,851 in public works; $4,646,327 for finance and insurance; $2,327,769 for recreation; and $1,051,459 for capital improvements reserve for contingency.
In fall 2008, the city applied for $29,600,000 in stimulus funding. Between 2009 and December 2010, $431,400,719 was spent in Franklin County, where Frankfort is located. This county is also stated to be the recipient of 8,565.3 jobs saved or created. Because this is the state capitol, though, many of these funds are spent in other parts of the state rather than in the city itself.
There is not information about government sector lobbying.
- Official site for Frankfort government
- Frankfort community profile
- Frankfort detailed profile
- Frankfort City profile
- Quick census facts on Frankfort Kentucky
- Frankfort on FreedomKentucky
- ↑ Wikipedia, "Frankfort, Kentucky", accessed: April 20, 2011
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfort,_Kentucky Wikipedia, "Frankfort, Kentucky", accessed: April 20, 2011]
- ↑ Mayor and city commissioners’ information
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Building permits
- ↑ Zoning Information
- ↑ Property tax information
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Mayor Gippy Graham
- ↑ City commissioners
- ↑ Expenditures
- ↑ Major expenses
- ↑ Stimulus spending
- ↑ 2009-10 stimulus spending
- ↑ Jobs
State of Kentucky
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations | Freedom Kentucky |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |