Hancock County is one of 55 counties in West Virginia.
- Main article: Evaluation of West Virginia county websites
- The Commission meeting dates are listed, but no minutes are posted.
- The Commissioners are listed, but their individual contact information is not.
- Contact information is provided for the Administrative officials.
- Tax information is provided.
Drug Task Force tells law abiding citizens reporting dealing if heroin, "But, his dad is a nice guy"
Commissioner frequently profit through their use of taxpayer money
Cronyism is all that is done with taxpayers money and people actually wanting to create businesses are turned away if not politically connected
Taxpayers fund 100% of county employees insurance premiums
Veterans organization have been converted to primarily be used as slot machine parlors to support political activities over actual veterans
- Budget is not published.
- Does not provide information on building permits and zoning, audits, and contracts.
- There is no information on obtaining public records.