Hardee County is one of 67 counties in Florida. Wauchula is the county seat.
Hardee County's population was estimated to be 29,415 in 2009. 
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- Budgets are posted.
- Board meetings, agendas, and minutes are posted.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- A county directory has contact information for county administrators.
- Permits are available and land development code and zoning info is provided.
- Audits are posted.
- Local tax information is available.
- Information is provided on who to contact with public records requests, but there is no information on citizens' rights under transparency laws, the process, and other important details.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- There is no information on contracts.
The school board controls school property, establishes, organizes, and operates the schools of the district, including: establishing schools, adopting enrollment plans, providing for school elimination and consolidation, cooperating with school boards of adjoining districts in maintaining schools, maintaining the school year schedule and other more specific duties as outlined in the Florida statute. 
It operates, controls and supervises the district's public schools as well as determines the rate of school district taxes, with the option of two or more school districts operating and financing educational programs together.
Below are the school district board members:
For Hardee County, the clerk or comptroller performs the internal audits.