- The budget is published.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are published.
- Elected officials and administrative officials are listed.
- Zoning and Permit information is published.
- Local tax information is published.
- Quick Links feature is helpful and easy to use to access information.
- FOIA request tab is available on homepage.
- Contract page is currently under construction.
- No audit information published on website.
- No lobbying formation published on website.
- Some public records are available, but difficult to find.
The 2011 Joliet budget is $292,803,145.
Joliet received $30,131,865 of federal stimulus money in twenty grants.
|Grant||ARRA Capital Improvement Program||$949,090|
|Grant||Transitional Housing Program||$510,544|
|Grant||In-Car Camera Project||$459,820|
|Grant||Fire Station Construction||$1,160,000|
|Grant||Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing||$602,271|
|Grant||Federal Work Study||$30,562|
|Grant||EECS Strategy Development||$3,009,700|
- Joliet uses a Council-Manager form of government whereby all matters of local policy and legislation are determined by nine council members with the Mayor presiding.
- City official department directors are listed along with contact information.
- The 2011 budget allocates $34,927,697 to police protection; other elements of emergency personnel functions are embedded in the general fund.
- A separate website exists with limited information regarding benefits and pension programs available for Illinois employees, and a link is in the city website to the information.
- The Municipal Retirement Fund states pension increase by 3% of the original pension amount will occur on January 1 of each year if you retire under Tier I. Under Tier II, annual increases begin once you reach the age of 67 and are paid for life.
Transparency and Public Records
Most departments post their meetings minutes and agendas.
The main revenue for the city of Joliet is from sales tax, food and beverage tax, hotel occupancy taxes and motor fuel tax.
- ↑ U.S. Census Joliet population
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Minutes and Agendas
- ↑ Elected and Administrative Officials
- ↑ Zoning and Permits
- ↑ Local tax information
- ↑ 2011 Budget Amount
- ↑ Federal Stimulus
- ↑ Elected Officials
- ↑ Department Directors’ Information
- ↑ Emergency Resources
- ↑ Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- ↑ Transparency and Public Records
- ↑ Taxes