Maury County, Tennessee
- Main article: Evaluation of Tennessee county websites
- Budget and annual finance audit report published.
- Commissioners are listed with contact information. Meetings posted on calendar.
- Zoning and building permit info provided.
- Current bids are posted, contracts not available.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Administrative officials listed under respective departments.
- County audits are not online.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
- Meeting agendas are supposed to be online, though we could not find them.
The Tennessee Budget Committee voted earlier this week to extend a collection-and-disposal contract valued at $20,700 with the Appertain Corp. and the South Central Tennessee Development District, meaning livestock carcasses will continue to be picked up in Maury County, at least for another six months.
The 5-1 vote came after debate over whether the program constitutes an unnecessary subsidy or rather a worthwhile public service that also happens to primarily benefit a key regional economic sector.
“When it comes down to using our tax dollars to subsidize a business expense, I don’t like that, because I don’t think that’s how tax dollars should be spent,” said Commissioner June Beckum.
- Official Maury County Website
- Maury County Information
- Maury County Profile
- Maury County Website
- Maury County Public Schools
- Maury County Free Public Records