is made up of 83 counties. They have not changed substantially since 1897. However, throughout the 19th century, the state legislature frequently adjusted county boundaries.
County website evaluations
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan county websites
- 29 Michigan counties post their county budget online out of 83.
- 57 counties include information on their websites about public government meetings.
- 70 include information about the county's elected officials.
- 56 include information about the county's administrative officials.
- 34 counties give information about permits and zoning in the county.
- 27 of the counties put information on their websites about audits that the county government has had performed.
- 1 counties give information about their contracts with county vendors.
- 0 county websites disclose whether or not they belong to any government sector lobbying associations.
- 9 counties provide information on how to request public records using the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.
- 26 county websites provide some information about county taxes.
Ballotpedia evaluated ballot measure information on Michigan county websites in March 2012.
Counties without websites
As of October 2009, 4 of Michigan's 83 counties had no website.
- Mackinac County, Michigan
- Macomb County, Michigan
- Manistee County, Michigan
- Marquette County, Michigan
- Mason County, Michigan
- Mecosta County, Michigan
- Menominee County, Michigan
- Midland County, Michigan
- Missaukee County, Michigan
- Monroe County, Michigan
- Montcalm County, Michigan
- Montmorency County, Michigan
- Muskegon County, Michigan
This article was taken and modified from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the GNU license.