There are 87 counties
County website evaluations
- Main article: Evaluation of Minnesota county websites
- Only 23 of the 87 counties posts its county budget online
- 64 counties include information on their websites about public government meetings.
- 73 include information about the county's elected officials.
- 47 include information about the county's administrative officials.
- 34 counties give information about permits and zoning in the county.
- 11 of the counties put information on their websites about audits that the county government has had performed.
- 9 counties give information about their contracts with county vendors.
- 1 county website disclose whether or not they belong to any government sector lobbying associations.
- 4 counties provide information on how to request public records using the Minnesota Data Practices Act.
- 32 county websites provide some information about county taxes.
- Annual summaries of Budgeted Revenues and Expenditures and Summary Budget Information for Minnesota's counties can be found on the Office of the State Auditor website.
Counties without websites
As of February 2011, 1 of Minnesota's 87 counties had no website.
Comparison chart of counties
This article was taken and modified from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the GNU license.