There are 53 counties in North Dakota.
County website evaluation
- Main article: Evaluation of North Dakota county websites
- Only 5 of the 53 counties post their county budgets online.
- 15 counties include information on their websites about public government meetings.
- 21 include information about the county's elected officials.
- 22 include information about the county's administrative officials.
- 10 counties give information about permits and zoning in the county.
- 1 counties put information on their websites about audits that the county government has had performed.
- 0 counties give information about their contracts with county vendors.
- 0 county website disclose whether or not they belong to any government sector lobbying associations.
- 0 counties provide information on how to request public records using the North Dakota Open Records Statute.
- 8 county websites provide some information about county taxes.
Counties without a website
As of February 26, 2009, 20 out of 53 North Dakota counties do not have a website.
List of counties