Skagway City School District is a school district in the U.S. state of Alaska
Skagway City School District has a graduation rate of 83%.
- School board members, their position and their biographies are posted on the website, but contact information is not provided.
- Administrative officials and their contact information is found on the website.
- The most recent academic performance information is not found on the website, although the district report card from 2006-07 is posted.
- No information regarding background checks is available on the website.
- School board meetings are included in the school calendar, but the schedule of meetings, agendas and meeting minutes are not found online.
- Budgets, audits and tax information is not found on the districts website.
- The website does not have information regarding contracts.
- No information on how to make a public records request is posted on the district's website.
Board members, their positions on the board and the board committees on which they serve is posted on the district's website.
| Darren Belisle
| Christine Ellis
| Chris Maggio
| Robert Murphy
| Joanne Korsmo
In the 2008-09 academic year, the district met Annual Yearly Progress standards as established by the [Alaska Department of Education and Early Development]. That year, 91% of students in grades 3-10 were proficient in language arts and 89% were proficient in mathematics.
The district is a member of the Association of Alaska School Boards. The AASB states on its website that it promotes pro-education legislation and to protect the principle of local control of public education, with its efforts led by its Executive Director. The AASB also issues a Legislative Handbook to members of its Legislative Network and publishes a Legislative Bulletin. The AASB is also an affiliate of the National School Boards Association and its Federal Relations Network, which addresses the legislative process at a national level.