San Juan County, New Mexico
Ballotpedia:Template:TOCnestright (Sunshine Review)
San Juan County is one of 33 counties in New Mexico. It is part of the Farmington, New Mexico Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of 2010, the population was 130,004. Its county seat is Aztec.
- Contact information for elected and administrative officials is available.
- Meeting agendas and notices are posted, but minutes are not.
- Tax information is posted, but there is no ability to pay online.
- Contact information is posted for the person in charge of public records.
- The website has an online public records search..
- Budget is not posted.
- Meeting minutes are not posted.
- No information on how to file for public records.
- No county audits, credit card receipts, or checkbook register information available online.
- Does not disclose whether it belongs to taxpayer-funded lobbying associations.
Budget is not available on the website. The 2011 budget is reported as $120 million with $109 million in revenue. The 2010 budget was $151 million.
Some savings will come from not filling 17 open positions, budgeting fewer capital projects, and allocating fewer funds to social services.
San Juan County lawmakers have been pushing for more road funding from the state Department of Transportation.
The county will start charging $1 per bag of trash dumped at one of the county's 12 transfer stations. Some worry this will lead to trash dumping in open areas.
San Juan County has received $2,070,333 from federal payment in lieu of tax (PILT) funds that are given to localities that harbor federal property such as parks or military bases.
San Juan County has received $148,181,194 from the economic stimulus package.
|Type||# of Awards||Total Amount||Reported Jobs|
There are five elected County Commissioners representing different districts.
|Margaret||McDaniel||Commisioner District II|
|Scott||Eckstein||Commisioner District III|
|GloJean||Todacheene||Commisioner District I|
|Tony||Atkinson||Commisioner District V|
|Jimmy||Voita||Chief Deputy Assessor|
|James||Henderson||Commisioner District IV|
|Tanya||Shelby||Deputy County Clerk|
There is no county manager is San Juan County. Below is a list of some of the major administrative officials.
|Clyde Ward||Assessor||(505) 334-6157|
|Debbie Holmes||County Clerk||(505) 334-9471|
|Tanya Shelby||Deputy County Clerk||(505) 334-4231|
|Larry Thrower||Probate Judge||(505) 334-9471|
|Ken Christesen||County Sheriff||(505) 334-6107|
|Rocky Wasson||County Treasurer||(505) 334-9421|
|Michelle Kennedy||Deputy Treasurer||(505) 334-9421|
|Keith Johns||County Executive Officer||(505) 334-4271|
|Kim Carpenter||Deputy County Executive Officer||(505) 334-4271|
|Linda Thompson||Assistant CEO for Project Developement and Finance||(505) 334-4271|
|Diana Baker||Procurement Manager||(505) 334-4551|
|Bowen M Belt||Deputy Administrator, Juvenile Services||(505) 324-5800|
|Marcella Brashear||Chief Finance Officer||(505) 334-4287|
|Don Cooper||Emergency Manager||(505) 334-1180|
|Michael Davidson||Parks & Maintenance Director||(505) 325-5415|
|Jim Durrett||County Attorney||(505) 334-4301|
|Douglas A. Echols||Deputy County Attorney||(505) 334-4301|
- Group health plan
- 0 thru 4 years inclusive 80 hours
- 5 thru 9 years inclusive 120 hours
- 10 years or more 160 hours
- A maximum of $1,500 to help fund tuition and fees for each fiscal year.
Transparency & public records
The county has a property tax and a sales tax of 6.1875%. The property tax is Residential: 6.627 mils out of an allowable 11.85 Non-Residential: 8.5 mil.
County commissioners have said they won't raise taxes in 2012.
- San Juan County Website
- San Juan County Clerk
- San Juan County Assessor
- Public Records Directory - San Juan County
- San Juan County on E-Reference
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found